Host Family requirements
Our application process is designed to know our host families and establish a foundation of success for every placement. To meet that goal, every host family must meet certain requirements, as set forth by the Department of State (DOS), CSIET and STS Foundation.
- Complete and pass the Host Family Background Check
- Willingness to accept the student as a member of the family
- Meet with the STS Foundation Local Coordinator and undergo a Host family in-home interview and attend the scheduled Pre-Arrival Orientation
- Provide the student with their own bed and a place to study.
- Provide at least 3 character references of which 2 live within your community.
- Provide access to 3 meals every day
- Provide and/or facilitate student transportation to school every day
- Communicate and collaborate with the STS Foundation Local Coordinator every month to review and create a successful experience for the student and your family.
- Abide by the DOS and STS Foundation Rules and Regulations governing the program